Apply to PLC
Before applying, we encourage prospective students to have an understanding of what the PLC program entails. Many applicants have inquired about what to expect academically from the program. PLC is much more than just a scholarship. Please take the time to review the sample syllabus for the first semester of the PLC curriculum. As you'll see, the Presidents Leadership Class utilizes a diverse array of learning strategies. If you are sill unclear about the experience and academic standards of the Presidents Leadership Class, feel free to submit any questions.
We appreciate your interest in the Presidents Leadership Class and your time in considering whether to apply to our program. Our admissions process is guided by our desire to gain a full understanding of the talents and abilities you possess. Therefore, we want you to submit the strongest application possible. Should you have any questions or concerns about the application or if you need more information, please contact one of the Assistant Directors for Recruitment and Selection, Peter Ricci and Will Tesconi at 303-492-8342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FEB. 15
We encourage you to apply to the Presidents Leadership Class even if you have not yet been notified of your admissions status to the University of Colorado Boulder.
PLC interviews, if invited, will take place on CU Boulder campus on MARCH 11 - 12, 2015.
Out-of-state interviews, if invited, will take place over Skype MARCH 11-13.
The admissions process and criteria for the Presidents Leadership Class is different than what you may encounter in applying for other academic programs and scholarship opportunities.
If you have questions or problems, call the PLC office at 303-492-8342 or send an email to: email@example.com.
STEPS TO APPLY TO PLC
1. Find out if PLC is right for you and if you are right for PLC. Do your program research! Read the PLC FAQs and selection criteria linked above to get your first idea!
2. Start your CU Boulder application if you have not already. When you start your application, you will be assigned a log-in and account on the MyCUBoulder portal.
3. Watch the video link above to learn how to apply to the CU Scholarships Application. The PLC application is within this larger CU Boulder Scholarship Application.
4. Once logged-in to your MyCUBoulder account, navigate to the FINANCES TAB > SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION.
5. Please check the PLC Scholarship box. By doing this you will have to answer additional essay questions for our program specifically.
6. Make sure you have completed all parts of the scholarship application and HIT SUBMIT. (No later than FEB 15)
7. Have at least ONE LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION sent directly to PLC (addresses and ways listed below). Send an addtional one to our office. We do not access the one you send to Admissions.
8. Have an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT sent directly to PLC. Send an addtional one to our office. We do not access the one you send to Admissions.
9. You may send one additional letter of recommendation or extended resume to highlight your significant contributions to programs and/or organizations.
10. All materials must be received no later than FEB. 15. Postmarks of Feb. 15 will not be accepted and the application will not be considered complete.
A COMPLETE PLC APPLICATION includes:
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED - DUE FEB. 15 (application opens as part of CU Boulder Scholarship Application on NOV.1)
ONE LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION REQUIRED (2nd letter is optional) - sent to the PLC office
Presidents Leadership Class
Or faxed: 303-492-1620 (preferred method) or emailed: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax is preferred and remember to put your assigned CU ID number on the letter.
ONE OFFICIAL HIGH SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED - sent to the PLC office (see above for addresses)